RE: Calling Gerry Coker - Hey Gerry ............

To: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>, Editorgary@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Calling Gerry Coker - Hey Gerry ............
From: Yellow 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:59:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi Tracy,

A very interesting perspective - well said.  No
question that an industry icon would make 100x
difference to a marketing launch such as a 'Healey
3000 Mk IV'.  The Cobra and GT40 stories are obvious
and successful.

Gerry, if you read this - CALL HFI NOW at
011-44-1225-85-2292 and let them know that you
actually designed the Austin Healey 100, it's follow
ons, and that you would like to do a MK IV
continuation.  Don't wait for them to call you - they
may not ....... and tell them that we like straight
six engines more than V8's - they sound better and are
smoother. Both BMW and Jeep have well proven IL6
engines for sale right now.

If they ask you to visit them, let me know and I will
carry your bags and stuff you need for the meeting.

Best, Robert, Yellow 65BJ8 / 32038.

***********************************

--- Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net> wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Hear hear!!  Shelby's involvement in the retro
> Mustang and GT40, the Series
> 1 and continuation Cobras not only helps sales and
> buyer confidence, he is
> able to get more interest in his charity venture as
> well.
>
> The last time I visited with Gerry he seems to still
> have a lot of miles
> left on him (grin).  With new materials and
> technology available, more
> design options exist......................and a
> faint chanting was heard
> that slowly built into an overwhelming
> crescendo.......
>
> Gerry
> Gerry
> Gerry
> Gerry
> Gerry  !
> Gerry !!
>
> Skip ahead to March 14th, 2008 - London Auto Show.
>
> Gerry stood in front of the vehicle and pulled the
> rope to lift the covering
> and reveal the 2008 Healey 3000GTR Roadster and a
> hottie umbrella girl here
> standing next to the Healey Blue over Old English
> White beauty (sorry Mrs
> Coker I got carried away). Forty years to the day
> after production stopped
> Gerry Coker, the original designer of the Austin
> Healey 100 unveils the new
> roadster with a direct DNA linage to the 100.
>
> Am I dreaming ???????   I can picture pre-driving
> age boys fantasizing over
> this new car (no not the umbrella girl Keith) at the
> local Healey showroom.
>
> Tracy

Robert - Yellow 65BJ8
rnbmail@yahoo.com
Cell: 408-221-5244

If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the
sender asap - Thank You.