Factory Hardtops for Concours

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Factory Hardtops for Concours
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 23:40:04 -0400
I may have asked this before. --But my memory.......   ....What was I saying
again?

Some help from the concours folks please.

1962 3000 MK II  Colorado red over black.  --What color for the factory hard
top?  -I figure black? Were any red? (PO painted mine Healey blue)

How are hardtops treated in concours judging? --I've heard not to bother since
they just create additional opportunity for deductions.  To be judged do they
need to be on the car? --If it is displayed (beside / behind the car) -is it
still judged?

The reason I ask, is that after having adhered as closely to original as
possible for the whole car restoration... I'm itching to do something to set
the car apart. -And have been thinking of having a custom paint job done on
the hardtop.  --Red and black car ---I thought doing the top in "British Flag"
might be nice. There is a local fellow who does amazing work.  --I almost
NEVER actually use the hardtop on the car. ---Sacrilege?

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA