RE: King Pin O-Rings v. Cork Seals

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: King Pin O-Rings v. Cork Seals
From: "Brett Bonner" <bbbonner@fedex.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:43:41 -0500
Thanks Rich - two more questions.

1.  Although it seems apparent, would you please confirm that the other
o-ring is to go between the bottom of the swivel axle and the kingpin in
the recessed pocket.

2.  My manual says that the lower bushing should be flush with the face
of the swivel axle.  Flush with what face?  The bushing I removed was
flush with the recessed face.  But it would make sense to me to let the
bushing protrude slightly from the recessed face to help hold the o ring
(see question 1) in place.  The new bushing does seem slightly longer
than the removed bushing.  Is this the intent?

Thanks.