Re: Getting ready to remove the Head

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Getting ready to remove the Head
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:49:23 -0400
  Ned :  The box beam should not be bent forward.  I'll bet at one time in
its life, the engine went way forward in an impact because the stabilizer
was not attacted at the rear of the gearbox/OD, ruined the radiator, and
bent the box beam.  Also, I'll bet the stabilizer is still not connected, or
is adjusted to allow the engine to remain way forward.  Your motor mounts
are probably deformed.

  WRT the temp sensor, I'm sure Ed will chime in here and chide you for not
searching the archives.  Anyway,  with a hacksaw I cut a slot in a deep
socket for the sensor tube.  Or you can buy a socket from Snap-on, with
already the slot.

  Jim in CT