RE: Manifold Mounting Nuts

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Manifold Mounting Nuts
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:11:51 -0700
Ned, the exhaust manifold uses the brass nuts, and the intake manifold uses
the steel ones.  The reason for the brass nuts is that the high heat of the
exhaust manifold induces corrosion of the studs, and if the nuts were steel
they would rust to the studs making them impossible to get off without
breaking the studs.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry