Re: Cartridge or Spin On?

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Cartridge or Spin On?
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:04:00 -0700
Dave,

Keen observation.  I chose the superior quality afforded by the K&N technology
coupled with the anti-flowback.  The ease that a spin on affords is a bonus, a
big bonus.

Trying to "fake" originality.
I tried without luck to use the angle adapter from a original telcamet adapter.
 The spin-on adapter fits the angle adapter but then the filter hits the fram
(on my BT7).  My thought was by painting the K&N, the spin-on and the angle
adapter green it would look at a glance from the top to be a telcamet.  Failed
though due to the interference of the frame when the angle adapter is on.

So......I use the spin on adapter by it's self mounted horizontally, have easy
oil changes, anti-drain back and new filter technology.

Oh and only one part to keep track of when I drop it in the oil drain pan. :-)
Make sense?