RE: Oil etc.-NOT HEALY related

To: "'G. Brierton'" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>, "'62bt7'"
Subject: RE: Oil etc.-NOT HEALY related
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:10:44 -0700
Just my 2cents on the oil topic. Don't read if you are expecting Healey
stuff or politically correct comments. Just hit the 'ol delete now....

That has never worked before, see:
PS the following comes from TruthOrFiction.com
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/exxon-mobil-boycott.htm

Some people are worried about $4 gas yet pay $200/gallon at Starbucks and
think nothing of it. $4 for a single piece of sushi or half a glass of wine.
Milk, fancy bottled water both near $4. It's all relative.

I just bought a Lexus RX400H (hybride) but only because the once 20k
increase over the regular model dropped to 6k and there is a government
subsidy of 3k. I got the car for the same price as a regular one 6 months
ago. I'll break even on gas in 7 years or so.

I still think gas is cheap for what it takes to locate, remove, transport,
refine, transport again, store, distribute and pay outrageous taxes on. A
lot of people with jobs are in that long line.
If you restrict supply by government fiat (can't drill here, there) and
increase demand (population and now third world needs) prices go up and up.

A few years ago I looked at turning my house 100% solar. $75,000. No I
didn't do it. We would NEVER break even after 20 years.

I bought some Mobile stock awhile back. That's how you break even.
We could reduce our dependence on foreign oil by putting up windmills
(Kennedy fought that in HIS neighborhood), nuclear, Anwar, drilling off the
CA coast, and nuclear but everyone seems to against all of that, they just
magically want cheap oil. Ain't gunna happen all by itself.
Fact is, oil is very cheap, otherwise alternative energy sources would be
competitive. That will happen, but not at a measly $4 per gallon.
Ron
67 BJ8
97 DB7
PS I realize that high prices gas hurts truckers and the poor with home
heating oil needs. It also is passed down to the consumers of the products
created with oil and by oil. But this thread has to do with gas at the pump.