Brakes Problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes Problem
From: "Paul Jennings" <paul@jenningsok.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:03:45 +0100
Listers
Last autumn (sorry, fall) My BJ7 gradually developed a braking problem.
Apply the brakes and the car dives to the left, but lift your foot off and the
car lurches to the right, as if positive pressure is being applied to that
side (not just in response to steering compensation). The car has been
driveable - but with care!

In the UK we have to go through an annual test and this involves a rolling
road - car failed last week.
The results show that there is poor braking performance on the right side and
slow disengagement, again on the right side.
New stainless steel pistons installed to front calipers two years ago.
Synthetic brake fluid used.
Rear brakes overhalued in the winter. New rear brake cylinder to left side.
System partially bled.

Anyone had any experience of this lop-sided situation, before I get to grips
with tracking back through the brake pipe circuits.

Many thanks and happy Healeying
Paul

'63 BJ7, called Denise
HBJ7L 22543