The well traveled Luggage Rack

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: The well traveled Luggage Rack
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 9:55:15 -0700
Don L put an article in the Healey mag about shortening  luggage rack legs so
the thing does not stick way up above the boot.  I just purched one of these
NOS the same as Don's and the photos in the club mag.

Anyone out there using this type of luggage rack?   It is the type that rests
on the bumper and using the hinges at the top.  It attaches to the lower
corners of the boot lid lip with two flathead screws.  (Ouch!)

I am reluctant to drill holes in fear of wiping out the boot lid.  Any comments
or suggestions?

I am also not sure I want to pay the nearly 500$ for the nicer Cape rack though.

Any problems with this old original style rack?