Re: Re:My Response to Marks Comments

To: "Douglas W Flagg" <dwflagg@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re:My Response to Marks Comments
From: "Mike Schneider" <mikebn2@win.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:50:55 -0400
Doug,

Your desire for a more technically oriented magazine is very inconsistent
with what the majority of the membership has voiced its opinion on through
the delegates.  This has been a subject of discussion at a number of
delegate meetings over the years.  Every time the overwhelming consensus of
the delegates is that the magazine should have some technical information
but not concentrate on that.  Their opinion is that there are plenty of
other sources of technical resources.  I have been a delegate since the
early eighties and have seen this discussion many times in delegate's
meetings

If you want something done about the technical content then the most
efficient way to get results is through your delegate.

For me getting to see people in the magazine in the magazine is a door
opener when I meet them at a gathering or conclave.  I know something about
them already and have a common thread to begin the discussion.  It also
proves to me that most people like the Healey almost as much as I do.  In
that same vein though I don't want to read a magazine that concentrates on
members reviews either.  I like the mix of the magazine.

Mike
mikebn2@win.net