Wipers

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wipers
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:47:31 +0100
Hi,
I suspect that water can get in around one of wiper mountings..where it
comes through the scuttle. The rubber looks old, tired and brittle, as do I.
Normally the car doesn't get wet, though it's easy to get caught out here in
Devon.
But, I'm taking the car over to Ireland in a fortnight's time and that is
even wetter than Devon. So..I need to fix it.
It seems easy.undo the chrome nut and disassemble until you get to the
rubber?? I can manage that, I hope. BUT, I've never had to mess with the
wipers before and I dread doing what one should call "the expected", as
these things happen so frequently that they aren't unexpected at all!
When one undoes that nut, does the whole issue fall out of the scuttle and
become inextricably enmeshed in the wiring loom or does it tend to stay - by
some miracle - in place, thus allowing a new rubber to be fitted without
resource to bad language and heart surgeons?

I've just destroyed my exhaust system so I'm allowed to be cantankerous. I
had to come home on a recovery vehicle. We are not amused!

Thanks,

Simon Lachlan
Comfort House
Bradninch