Re: Interior questions BT-7

To: "Kenny J" <theswed@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interior questions BT-7
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:42:12 -0400
Kenny,

The rear quarter panel on the BT7 has a leading edge piece of wood that goes
down the length of the doorway edge, with wood screws that run in from the
outside into the wood to secure it. Of course the wood screw heads are
covered by the door shut plates whan everything is installed. (These screw
heads are just visible in detail 0014)

The wood blocks have a step milled into their inboard edge to take the
thickness of the rear quarter wood panel. The rear edge of the trim panel is
secured by the lip of the rear squab locating bracket (scan 0095) The
shoulder belt chrome studs on later BT7's also protrude through the panel
(visible in detail 0011)

There is a small metal plateau or shelf that fastens to the inside of the
trim panel and causes the curve of the panel. This shelf will screw to the
welded bracket on the wheel arch to further anchor the assembly. Carpet will
be applied into this shelf surface. Note the little wood block also
installed on this shelf surface that the alloy trim finisher will screw
onto.

Hopefully these pics will help you decipher what I'm struggling to describe.
This is a fairly involved piece and needs to be done right.

Rich Chrysler