Re: Smiths/British Jaeger gauges

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smiths/British Jaeger gauges
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:38:49 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Eric;

  You have taken on a very large task.  And you may be repeating what is
already available in old catalogues.  The major advantage of your project would
be placement of all the data into a searchable database.

  I have on hand  "S. Smith & Sons (Canada) Ltd / Smiths Industries North
America Ltd" catalogues from 1949 to 1980 which contain listings for "Original
Equipment for British and European Cars".  The catalogues fill two 2" binders.

  All the information is provided by car make and model which makes cross
referencing very difficult.  One of the things I did years ago was to develop a
listing of all Smith components in various Healeys and create, where possible,
a cross reference with BMC part numbers for both the Big Healey and the Sprite.
 As a project, it is ongoing.   I can only guess at the time and effort to do a
similar job for all vehicles with Smith/Jaeger instruments.    I wish you the
very best.

  I have attached what I have done for both the Big Healey and the Sprite.  A
copy of this email is being sent to the AHC Southern Ontario webmaster; I know
email attachments are stripped from the Healey List.  Hopefully Bob can put it
on our club website for others that might be interested.

  --Scott Morris  ['62 3000 MkII BT7-driver;  '60 3000 MkI BN7-project]
    Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

  PS: Bob; if possible, could you please put these two MSWord files on the
AHCSO web site.  Thanks.  --Scott

"Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de> wrote: << Hi all,   does anybody happen to
have information on Smiths/British Jaeger gauges which were built into any car
or know a source where I could get hold of this information? I'm especially
interested in the numbers on the face of these gauges as I'd like to compile a
list, which I'll make public to anyone.

I think I already have all the numbers related to Austin-Healeys and some for
MG, but feel free to pass on any information you consider important on or off
the list to me.

Thanks to those taking their time and responding to me. >>

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

All new Yahoo! Mail

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of Smiths Parts List-Austin Healey [Big].doc]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of Smiths Parts List-Austin Healey [Sprite].doc]