Sprite Radiator Fan Direction

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite Radiator Fan Direction
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:53:39 +1000
G'day

I have received a Sprite question that I am unable to answer and I
thought someone out there would know.

It concerns the pitch of the radiator fan fitted to a '67 Sprite. The
car is experiencing overheating problems and after having the radiator
serviced, new thermostat and radiator cap it is still doing the same
thing.

It's been suggested that perhaps the fan has been connected back to
front and is trying to push air forward instead of drawing it backwards
through the radiator. So the owner removed the fan and turned it around
and it's still doing the same. He wants to know if there are left or
right pitched fans and if the fans are reversed then does the air get
pushed or pulled.

Many thanks

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia