Re: Texas Kooler

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Texas Kooler
From: "R. Cobb" <rcobb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 02:50:20 -0500
Gary,

My experiences with the Texas Kooler:

    * about 5 years use, installed by me on unrestored BJ8;

    * when one of the top restoration shops completed ground up on BJ8
      last July, they suggested the use of the Texas Kooler for
      temperature control, so the "used" TK was reinstalled on the
      finished car.

No problems in either situation.

There seem to have been a few unfortunate situations reported, but they
seem likely due to the cars not being set up properly with good
bushings, appropriate initial clearances, overall mechanical/structural
integrity, etc.  I can understand those owners' disappointment, but it
seems that they sought an external scapegoat.

I believe that if the TK had inherently been such a problem, over all
the years that it was sold, deficiencies would have quickly become
widely-known and sales would not have continued for very long.

R. Cobb