Re: High Water Temperatures

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High Water Temperatures
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:05:14 -0400
Joe and Lenore Armour wrote:

> Stop assuming that becase Healeys were designed in England they are
> not suitable for US heat.
> <snip>
> Fix the problem, dont just treat the symptom.

Yes, from first-hand experience driving BJ8s when they were new (not
just my own, but also demo cars from the dealership where I worked) in
Dallas, TX -- summer temps of 104 - 105 degrees F -- overheating was not
a problem.  But I also believe the stock Healey didn't have much excess
cooling capacity, so it wouldn't take much scale buildup inside the
radiator and/or block for a problem to emerge.

Still, I sure agree with fixing the problem rather than the symptom.  (A
radiator that radiates better than stock wouldn't hurt a bit, once
replacement becomes necessary.)
--
John Miller