question - brake resevoir assembly

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: question - brake resevoir assembly
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 08:50:22 -0400
Folks,

I didn't take the reservoir apart, but get to put it back together.  So, a
couple of questions (LHD BT7 MkII):

1) When I screw on the cap and hold the cap level the reservoir is tilted.
When
installed on car should the bottom of the resevior tilt towards the fender or
the engine?

2) For the clutch and brake line fittings at the bottom of the resevior, the
parts lists shows two (bulkhead) adaptors, two gaskets, two nuts, and one
washer
for sealing inner body.

I take it that:

a) the gaskets are aluminum washers and they go on the outside of the resevior,
captured between the resevior and the nut flange of the adapter.

b) the (steel) washer that "seals the inner body" goes inside the clutch
reservoir (tube).

c) there is no seal/gasket between the clutch tube and the bottom of the brake
resevior.  Just metal-to-metal.

d) no seal/gasket on the inside of the reservoir for the brake line fitting.
Just the nut.

Thanks,

Bob
'62 BT7 MkII