Re: Cigar lighter and battery block

To: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Subject: Re: Cigar lighter and battery block
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:52:40 -0400
Jack,

2) There is a 3 hole wooden block to hold the battery in position.
    Can someone give me the exact position of the
    middle hole, vertically down and horizontally to the rear?

On my '62 BT7:

  7 5/8" from the vertical panel in front of the battery
10 3/8" from the rear shroud
  8 7/8" from the floor
  9 1/2" from the top of the shroud

Your mileage may vary.

As for a power point - I don't know where the lighter is on a BJ8.  Is there
space on the side of the speaker enclosure, say on the passenger side?  Our VW
wagon has them with a tethered plastic cap - you might be able to get a good
one
from a junk yard.

Bob