Re: defective front hubs

To: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>,
Subject: Re: defective front hubs
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:00:32 -0700
Ken,

and knock-offs.

I was one of the "complaintants".  I bought new  hubs & knock-offs from M***
(which I believe were from MWS Wire Wheels).  First off, I ordered a full set
of both.  The order came with 2 RH rear hubs.  Neither Right Side knock-offs
that fit both RH rear hubs will go on the RF hub (hub must be bad).  One Left
Side knock-off won't go on the LH front hub.  The other Left Side knock-off
will go on the LH front hub (go figure).

Finally, all 4 of the knock-offs are marked to read incorrectly with the word
UNDO to the left of the head of arrow (which incorrectly forms a complete
triangle) and then the word UNDO again to the right of the tail of arrow
(which incorrectly has "feathers") at the top of the knock-off center. At the
bottom of the knock-off center, it is marked LEFT SIDE or RIGHT SIDE instead
of LEFT(NEAR)SIDE or RIGHT(OFF)SIDE.  In addition, the incising of the
lettering is too deep and wide (not crisp, narrow and shallow like the
originals.

I have re-ordered new hubs & knock-offs from BWW in Fresno and hope to have
them soon.

Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma