Re: Early Friday- Long Lost Words

To: d.carpenter7@verizon.net, dcrawfor@san.rr.com
Subject: Re: Early Friday- Long Lost Words
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:10:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2006 4:00:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
d.carpenter7@verizon.net writes:
David Crawford wrote:
> Apparently 'brassiere' is a word no longer in use. Now it's 'bra'.
> 'Unmentionables' probably wouldn't be understood at all.
I once worked a summer job in NYC's garment district at the home office of a
Ladies' Ready-To-Wear chain.  I was in the "Foundations" department that
shipped bras, girdles, corsets, panties, etc. to about 300 stores nationwide.
Their product line was a far cry from Victoria's Secrets.

Best--Michael Oritt