Hylomar and Conclave arrival

To: healeys@autox.team.net, caahc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Hylomar and Conclave arrival
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:50:47 EDT
I departed home in Solomons MD in the 100 midday yesterday heading  for
Gaithersburg, MD where I was to spend the night at the home of  Allen and
Marion
Feldman.  About 50 miles out the car began  to intermittently run rough at high
speeds, almost as if it was not getting  sufficient fuel.

After pulling both float bowl lids and seeing that all was in order at the
carbs I toggled between the SU and NAPA fuel pumps (installed in series  with a
selector switch) and could feel that when the car was running fine both
pumps were operating normally but when it was running rough the pumps were
hammering as if they were not getting good supply.  An inline filter  between
the
tank and pumps showed clean and I suspect that some of the  Hylomar that I used
to seal the tank sender is intermittently plugging up  the tank pick up (I
posted earlier this week that I found a glob of it in  the filter).

Anyway, not wanting to set out for Ohio with a  problem I drove back home,
loaded up my wife's 3000 and  arrived Allen's around 7:30 last night.  This
morning we left  Allen's house and met Edie and Isabel  Bunch at Breezewood,
Pa,
then shot  across PA and arrived Akron just a little while ago.  Mary's car
performed  faultlessly and was a pleasure to drive.

Best to all from Conclave--Michael Oritt