Re: Positive Ground

To: RicPhillips@aol.com, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Positive Ground
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:15:19 -0700
Not really - it's at the whim of the owner.  Some people like to keep the
car as original.

For me, I have always converted my Healey's to NEG ground immediately upon
acquisition (or after concours judging in one case).  It's much safer if you
have to jump-start another vehicle, or G** forbid, have to be jump-started
yourself - it's easy enough to get fouled up and let all the smoke out of
your wires!

I also install a 'power point' - a cig. lighter socket without the lighter -
concealed under the dash in a convenient place for cell 'phone batteries,
tire air pumps, etc. - stuff that we tend to carry with us on trips these
days.

It's a bit bigger deal on the BJ8 than on the earlier cars - you have to do
a bit of work on the electric tach.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb