rt rear oil leak

To: "'healey list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: rt rear oil leak
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:00:46 -0700
Listers:

Update on the right rear oil leak in my BJ8.

Those who guessed bearing gaskets or wheel bearings were right.

The right rear wheel bearings were nearly shot and that caused the seals to
leak.

All is well now. I had both rear bearing and seals done.  She even smells
better.

Sadly my DB7's coil pack failed coming back from Monterrey to SoCal.

The one bad coil in the pack fried an iridium plug and I have to get new
plugs, wires and pack. Now that's expensive.

I asked the mechanic if this was normal for 21,000 miles and he said no. I
asked if it was what was to be expected of British electrical, like my
Healey, and he smiled knowingly.

Ron Davies

SoCal

67 BJ8