RE: top down/windows up

To: <COPPIFAN@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: top down/windows up
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:40:32 -0700
...Why do convertible owners put the top down but leave
the windows up?  -------

While I don't remember ever doing it in the 60's with my 64 BJ8 I have to
admit that when I've been caught in winter with evening temperatures
dropping and my jacket in the trunk, I've rolled the windows up to make it
the last 30 minutes home. But it was dark and I don't think anyone else
noticed.

That being said, my wife almost insists on the windows up in the DB7 at
speed. It redirects the air enough that the heater or air conditioner does
an amazing job and you can speak in normal volumes at 85mph. Also there is
almost no air hitting the back of your head and it nearly eliminates the
sound of cars going in the opposite direction. Finally, the tinted windows
help when the sun is low in your eyes. Yes, I know, it sounds wrong, but you
do what you have to do. They always come down at stop signs.
Ron Davies
SoCal
67 BJ8  (just out of the shop with failed rear bearings)
97 DB7 (just in the shop with a failed fuel pump that they put IN the gas
tank)
...so one out of two British cars in the garage seems about right....