PL700 lamps

To: "Healey@autox.team.net" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: PL700 lamps
From: "David Z" <davzu29@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:22:09 -0400
After admiring the PL700 tripoid look for some time,  recently purchased 2
PL700 lamps.  I know they're not up to legal spec. for most states, but I
guess I'm a slave to nostalgia.  After getting the bulbs from a different
source, I'm questioning the installation of the bulbs into the lamps.  There
are some subtle indentations that seem to match up, but the fit is so loose
the bulb would immediately drop out of the lamp with a slight bump in the
road. Is there supposed to be some sort of retaining ring that I may be
missing that secures the bulb into the back of the lamp?
TIA  David Z.