RE: OIL PRESSURE

To: "'Ned Smith'" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: RE: OIL PRESSURE
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:13:34 -0400
One method, although a little slow, is to attach a long hose to the oil
pressure connection and raise the other end of the hose above the car as far
as possible.
Put a small funnel on the end and pour oil into the funnel. The head
provided by the hose will be sufficient to eventually fill the entire oil
system without the engine turning on dry bearings.
You need to be very patient, and it is advisable to prefill the filter.
After the filter is filled less than one liter of oil and you will see it
oozing out around the rockers indicating that the oil system is charged.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com