Re: Timing Chain Installation

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing Chain Installation
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:57:05 -0400
Ned,

To check the valve timing you need to observe the inlet and exhaust rocker
arms on #6 cylinder just rocking (one having just closed while the other is
just opening) and both valves on #1 cylinder fully closed. This should have
#1 and #6 pistons at top dead centre.

This position will also allow you to install the notched distributor drive
as per the book with the drive notches in the "twenty to two position. Then
when you install the distributor, install so the rotor lines up to contact
#1 contact.

Rich Chrysler