some other silly questions

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: some other silly questions
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 22:10:35 -0400
Folks,

Wiper switch - are the original terminal screws brass or steel?  Do the screws
have a slotted head like the head/side lamp switch or are they just a threaded
rod with a slot in one end like ones for the start switch?

Is there a source for the original flag eyelets (1/8" hole) for the flasher
leads in the main harness?  The ones on the new harness and those available
from
British Wiring are too large (3/16" hole).  I will probably try to reuse the
ones from the original harness.

The new o-rings for the rear axle hubs seem a bit small - like to pop out of
the
groove.  One of the two I took off the car had a larger overall diameter - by
about 4 mm. Any Healey vendor supplying a larger one - say 4 mm by 90 mm?

Fired up the engine (on it's dolly) today for the first time in years. Just had
to fix a sticking grose jet, tighten the banjo bolt for the rocker shaft oil
feed, unstick the water pump (ought to replace), and reset the static timing.
Need to lube the three choke cables.

Need to finish up the rear axle, connect up the rest of the wiring harness
behind the dash and install the heater.  Then on to the engine and the exhaust
system.

Bob
'62 BT-7