Re: Windshield Restoration

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Windshield Restoration
From: <dcong996@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:24:35 -0400
Some experience:

We tried several types in the Chemical Plant where I worked in efforts to
remove scratches, and slight etching of the surface of the glass and side
mirrors on the Company vehicles. These  products are abrasive compounds and
really required a buffer. The downside was this left an area on the glass
that has a sheen on the surface which at night slightly diffused the
oncoming lights. It was especially disturbing in the side mirrors. The users
described it as "shimmering"

On areas with slight abrasion, such as wiper scrub, you may have some luck.
On even light scratches it takes a lot of buffing.

FWIW
Dallas Congleton
1967 BJ8
1953 MGTD