Re: Fender Installs

To: "dean" <dht3000@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: Fender Installs
From: "Rick Neves _._" <56BN2_06@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:38:43 -0400
Hey Dean,

One thing I could suggest to your friend is that he try using a smaller size
ratchet (1/4" drive) with a couple of long extensions. It might be good to
use a angling socket at the end or one of those cord bendy type extensions
you might find at your hardware store. I think I got mine in the 5$ cheap
parts bin that a lot of hardware stores have. Anyway, a neat trick for
holding the bolt and washer in the socket while you pass it under the fender
is to jam a piece of balled up duct tape into the end of the socket, that
way the head of the bolt will have a tendency to stick inside the socket.

Another thing to watch of while doing this procedure is that you don't over
tighten the bolts. You will want to get those washers positioned flat side
up, but don't over tighten because the washer can rotate and dent the top
side, its only aluminum.

The second bolt from the front is best gotten from the headlight hole and
using a ratcheting spanner. I have the ones made by Crescent. They have been
invaluable. I wish they had whitworth sizes.
Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

12 Walnut Hill Road