Wiper motor

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper motor
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:01:57 +0200
Friends,
the wiper motor of my BJ8 has apparently passed the "best before .."
date: he just gets very hot when I put juice on it, but no movement -
and the shaft can be turned freely. I do believe that quite some time
ago I saw a message that a two speed Jaguar wiper motor has the same
dimensions and connections (and needs one more wire, of course), but I'm
not sure. Is there anyone who can confirm that my Lucas type DR3A can be
replaced by a two speed one? And if it's not too much asked: a type number?
Thanks in advance, as usual
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 under construction