Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dip Stick Method for Gas level
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:27:50 -0700
If your fuel gauge is reading low, the FIRST thing I would check  for is a
sinking float.  You could try to adjust the gauge but it would not solve
the basic problem.  Be forewarned that the wire on the coils inside the
fuel gauge is very fine and easily broken.  A misstep in loosening the nuts
on the back of the gauge could destroy it.  Check the float first.  If it
is OK, either bend the float arm or adjust the gauge.  My opinion is that
bending the float arm is the easiest and safest of the two.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031