Re: harbor freight tools?

To: "Esko and Megan Cate" <ptenmcate@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: harbor freight tools?
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:42:39 +0800
Esko -

It's all hit and miss.  Some of the stuff is awesome.  Some of the stuff is
pure crap, for example do not buy the car tire dollies they sell, they won't
roll under the weight of a car.

That being said, if you take the view that anything you buy there is to be
used only 20 times or less, then its a great place to buy power tools.  I
tend to get stuff there that I know I will only used a couple of times and
will be cheaper than renting the tool.  For stuff like grinders, polishers,
sanders... it's perfect.

A drill gets used alot, however, so I'd get the best you can afford.

Alan

'53 BN1
'53 A90
'64 BJ8