Re: Seat slides bolts

To: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat slides bolts
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:25:32 -0400
Jack,

See below:

> All welded bolts holding the seat slide to the floor of the car were
> broken off during dismantling by the P.O.  I'll have to drill them out
> and replace them with new bolts. Three questions:

The bolts have a flat, round head, not a hex head; I assume for clearance.  The
head is 1/2 inch diameter and 1/16 inch tall.  I milled the heads off mine to
remove the old ones.

> (1) what is the thickness of the wooden piece that goes between the
> floor and the rail

3/8 inch

> (2) what is the length of the bolt projecting from the underside of the
> rail;

The ones that go through the floor are about 0.83 inches long from beneath the
head. The threaded section is 3/4 inch.  The thickness of the rail is about
0.082 inches (not threaded).

> (3) I have only one complete set of two slides, one with a handle, one
> without. In order to know whether this is for the left or the right
> seat: where should the handle be - in between the rails or on the outside?

In between the rails.