60 big healey for sale

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 60 big healey for sale
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 13:35:59 -0700
Listers:

Someone was recently asking about a big healey to buy on the list.  Since I
hadn't seen any worth mentioning I stayed silent.

However, today at the Newport Beach Crystal Cove Saturday Car show of which
I am a founding member, there was a very nicely restored 60 or 61 for sale
from a San Clemente dealer.  (I have NO financial interest at all.  If
interested please contact Larry at familyclassiccars.com. )

Other Healey members at the show felt it was a fine restoration. Healey
blue, off center shifter (to the left), 72 spoke stainless which I think is
a little "busy" for that model, very nice engine, trunk, etc. Didn't see any
rust. I think it has under 40k original miles and the resto was done 2 or 3
years ago. Oh, the original wire wheel was in the trunk. All new interior,
didn't see the top. Trunk fitted perfectly but hood was just a little off.

I think he said he was "asking"  $49.9k but we all thought it was a great
deal at $40k. He would probably haggle but I didn't ask. Again, NO $$
interest just wanting to put a buyer and seller together to be happy. Car
sounded great when he drove away. I just looked at the pics at his web site
and they match what I saw today.

Ron Davies

SoCal

67 BJ8