Thank You Gary Hemphill

To: "Healeys@Autox. Team. Net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank You Gary Hemphill
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 00:00:54 -0400
I went to start up my BJ8 tonight, and this is the fourth time that I found
my clutch disc stuck to the flywheel.   I was in Singapore for 10 days and
wanted to make sure things were OK for my 2.5 hour drive to Encounter in
Lionsville, PA.

The first time that the clutch was stuck to the flywheel, I pushed the car
down the driveway in fourth gear to get it started and then hit the brakes
and nothing changed.  Then I spent a total of about 6 hours removing the
transmission and then prying loose the clutch, cleaning the surface of the
flywheel and putting it all together again.

During a conversation with Gary Hemphill after that happened, he said that I
went way too far.  He suggested to put the rear of the car up on jack
stands, start it in third gear, rev up to 3K and then slam on both the foot
and hand brakes.  It has worked the past three times like a charm.

I hope that this is helpful to someone else!!!!!

Mark Goodman
66BJ8 35503