Re: Lucas Sports Coil

To: Greg Lemon <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sports Coil
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:14:46 +0100
I also agree; particularly with a four cylinder car where you only need
2/3rds the number of sparks per minute as a six cylinder at the same
rpm. At high revs it is the coil recovery time that matters. Beyond a
certain rate of sparks per minute the spark voltage decreases. A Sports
Coil is capable of holding up the spark voltage to a higher speed.

All the best

--
John Harper