RE: harmonic balencer

To: <KingR44916@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: harmonic balencer
From: "Don " <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:09:01 -0600
I tired a few years ago using universal harmonic balancer installers to
no avail.  Ended up using a big rubber mallet to pound it on after
boiling the balancer in water to heat it up to get it to expand somewhat
then tightened the crank nut to get it to seat.  I installed the
Pro-race aftermarket balancer but the stock balancer should fit right on
without the use of an installer.  With the Pro-race and the engine out
of the car it is an easy chore, if not plan on some serious beer
drinking.  Good luck in your endeavors.  The Pro-race sure makes the
engine run smooth as silk.
Don
57' BN4