RE: Automatic Bleeding Valves

To: <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Automatic Bleeding Valves
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:39:43 +0100
Hey Guys.
I remember these gizmos from the '60's. The spring loaded plunger is
supposed to get pushed off it's seat by the pumping pressure and act as a
one way valve preventing air from being drawn back in during the up-stroke.
A tube and jar as usual could be used to catch the fluid, or not bother for
the 'messy' option.  The biggest downside was that the plungers would
corrode and seize onto the seat, and the springs would rust solid, in less
than a year of regular motoring. Probably dissimilar metal reactions.  They
had novelty appeal initially but proved to be junk with the word going round
very quickly to avoid them.
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk
            mailto:alan@nfahc.co.uk