Wiring Headlamps

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring Headlamps
From: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:58:21 -0500
My Healey is in its new home and it is time to finish assembling.  The
first task is to finish the wiring installation, and the lights are
the first task.

My new harness does not have bullet connectors for the lights, and the
harness that was in the car was hacked up and the lamps pigtails were
joined with electrical tape.   I assume that I am going to need to
soder bullet connectors on the ends of the harness and the light
pigtails.  I have never correctly sodered anything before, any tips or
guides I can look at.  Any suggestions as to soders/flux to use?

Also, one of the headlamp bowl on the car was missing the adjusters
between the bucket and the mounting ring (they were just bolted
together).  Does the adjuster set sold by Moss and others have all of
the parts, including the threaded part that extends into the fender,
or is this just the screws and springs?

Thanks
Patton

--