Hard Clutch, Recap

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard Clutch, Recap
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:04:44 -0400
Recap for Stiff Clutch Peddle:

After further review of my clutch lines and ancillaries, all seem to check out
from
my observations.   Both the clutch master and slave measure to be approx. 7/8"
at the bores.  I pulled the boots back on both units and stuck my  "inny"
calipers in the bores and they both checked out the same.

One brain fart that I had helped me remember that the throw out bearing didn't
toggle back and forth as easily as my MGA unit did that I just rebuilt.  In
other words the retainers that holds the throw out to the clutch fork seemed
to be tighter than I wanted them to be.  I  was able to loosen them a tad but
they are pretty stout  and don't like to be adjusted much and I didn't want to
over do it.

Any chance  that this would cause a stiff clutch peddle or am I grasping at
straws.

Last resort is to rebleed the system this weekend.

Thanks  Mark,