Re: Third Brake Light

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>
Subject: Re: Third Brake Light
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 06:37:17 +0800
Ned -

You don't have to go with a magnetic mount.  Actually, I usually find these
to be a little ugly.

You can set up your third brake light to screw into the cockpit surround.
This will work with any healey, I have this set up both on my 100 and my
BJ8:

http://www.seigrist.com/TBL.html

the little metal thing you see in the middle is the third brake light.
Doesn't require drilling any holes and the wires are hidden underneath the
carpeting.  The brake is wired into a relay which comes straight off the
brake switch, so it doesn't blink with the blinkers, it's just on when the
brakes go on.  It's very handsome and it looks like original equipment.

Best Regards,

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1