Re: Rear Shocks

To: Dan Serrao <jobu1950@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Shocks
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:39:44 -0400
Dan,

Per the 2006 Concours standard -

Shocks for BN1/2 are painted black all over.

This is still up in the air (to be resolved this year?) for later Healeys.  The
shock bodies are either painted black or left unpainted. Copper colored shocks
indicate factory rebuilt units and are not considered original.

The standard does not explicitly state it, but I believe the lever arms are
always painted black.

Bob