Re: Negative Camber on a BJ7

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Negative Camber on a BJ7
From: "Elton Schulz" <eschulz@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:13:24 -0400
Tracy, thanks for the clarification. My shock tower plates are the
originals. Upon further inspection, I may have found some frame damage. The
bolt hole in the rear "ear" that attaches to the lower control arm does not
line up with the holes in the shock tower and the bolt hole in the front
"ear". It appears that the rear "ear" needs to be pushed (rotated) towards
the engine side. This could explain the negative camber. The motor mount on
that same side is not level or plumb and also needs to be pushed towards the
engine side. It appears that the frame rail on that side is twisted
(rotated) outwards. Any ideas on how to correct this?
Elton, BJ7 in progress