HU-TORQUE STARTERS

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: HU-TORQUE STARTERS
From: "John Trifari" <jtrifari@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:02:14 -0700
I just had the oil changed on the BN1 and discovered that the Hi Torque
Starter I had installed was wobbling.  I pulled the starter and discovered
that one of the two Allen-head screws that secured the mounting bracket was
missing and the other was loose.  The missing screw was missing.  A search in
the flywheel cavity with a magnetic probe retrieved the missing screw intact.
It had done no internal damage.  Both screws were blue-Locktited.  So a
thought--if you have a hi-torque starter on your Healey, check it every so
often and make sure it is still tight against the mounting bracket.   John
Trifari  Golden Gate Austin Healey Club