Re: Adjusting 2" SU Carburetors

To: Alan <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Adjusting 2" SU Carburetors
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:30:28 +0800
The trick is to make sure the carb nuts are tightened to 20 ft lbs in line
with the workshop manual (not more).  All you have to do is get them loose
with one (or two) turn(s) of an open ended spanner, then it'll come off
using your fingers.  The intake manifold and gaskets are set up where these
nuts will never come loose if they are simply lightly tightened.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8