FW: 1955 Austin-Healey 100-4 BN1 series "barn find"

To: "Austin-Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: 1955 Austin-Healey 100-4 BN1 series "barn find"
From: Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com (Freese, Ken)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:24:41 -0700
forwarded per Tony's request.
The usual disclaimers on my part.
Ken Freese

________________________________

From: Tony Rankin [mailto:tony@corvettecountry.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:16 AM
To: Freese, Ken
Subject: 1955 Austin-Healey 100-4 BN1 series "barn find"

Ken,

My name is Tony Rankin and I'm one of three owners in an independent
dealership that specializes in Corvettes and other sports / classic cars
in Austin, Texas.

I've come across an estate that is being settled that is selling seven
vehicles, one of which is a 1955 Austin-Healey 100-4 BN1 series
roadster, VIN# BN1L222692.  I have looked at the car, which has been
garaged under a cover (and not run) for years.  The car was purchased by
the now deceased owner in December 1981 from a James G. Litherland III
of Northern Drive in Dallas, Texas.  I have a copy of the old
small-sized Texas title that shows this information.

I plan to purchase the seven vehicles and then sell them, possibly
partially or fully restoring the vehicles in my service department /
shop before selling them.  Would you or your members be interested in
any further details for your registry after I have acquired the '55, or
would you be able to provide any previous ownership history on this car
referenced above?

Thanks in advance,

Tony Rankin
Corvette Country