Re: THANKS & NEW QUESTIONS BJ7

To: <scott@scottjgraham.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: THANKS & NEW QUESTIONS BJ7
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:57:00 -0400
Scott,

I don't know about your previous postings, but this one came through fine.

You wrote<snip>

> Two new questions:
>
> 1. Furflex - I've just bought some and it looks great - but how do I
> get it to stay in place? Some kind of rubber cement?

Sounds like you got the usual commonly available rubbish that uses an
aluminum core that by it's very design will simply spread and fall off.
Either send it back for a refund or throw it away.

Get the new "Brisleflex" made by MacGregor British Car Parts.  http:
//www.macgregorukcarparts.com

This stuff grabs and holds very securely and is available in the original
colours.

 2. Healey Tool Kit - I'm making my first tentative steps into DIY
> service etc. but have a poor set of tools that are frustrating me. What is
> the list of "must have" tools for use on the Healey? I own a filter
> wrench,
> electrical tester light, basic screwdrivers and wrenches, have tracked
> down
> some Whitworth sockets and spanners.but beyond that don't know what else I
> will need? Imperial (SAE or AF - I assume the bolt/nut outer dimensions
> and
> therefore spanners for both are the same and that the thread is really the
> only difference - correct?) Metric? Other stuff?  Suggestions please.

First of all, almost all your car uses the standard S.A.E. fasteners except
for the fuel system. There is NO metric on Healeys anywhere.

Rich Chrysler

> Thanks
 Scott Graham