Re: BJ8 Crankshaft Oil Restrictors

To: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Crankshaft Oil Restrictors
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:03:32 -0400
Steve,

I'm looking at the Parts List AKD 3523, Plate A2 and facing page MA 4. Item
#7 is part Number 1B 1033, Restrictor, Qty. 6. These appear to be a little
press in sleeve of sorts that must press into the rod journal oil hole,
thereby "restricting" the amount of oil delivered to the bearing.

I've never heard of these being removed or otherwise tampered with. They
don't seem to be available from any of the normal suppliers either. Sorry I
can't be more helpful.

Rich Chrysler