Fitting points now the car will start at all at all.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fitting points now the car will start at all at all.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:14:42 +0100
The crisis seems to be over and the car seems to be running OK and the
points seem to work. (Lot of "seems" and touching of wood going on here).

However, it's for sure that, if I'd taken more care when whipping the points
out in 1999, I'd have had less trouble putting them back in 2006. For sure
I'll be putting in the new Pertronix soon but, if that blows up in +/- 2013,
would I remember how to reinstall the points? I doubted it. So, I've made
myself a hopefully idiot proof set of instructions.

As I take a lot out of this list, I'm happy to try to put something back in.
Accordingly I can offer a copy of this diatribe to anyone rash enough to
want one.

You're probably all too competent to need one, but it's here if you want it.

Naturally I take no responsibility for fires, explosions, failure to attain
correct warp factors etcetc.

Simon